Career Planning is a life long process, but while you are a student at Avonside you will take important steps along the way.
Career Development StrategiesAvailable to students and their parents or caregivers.
- individual career counselling for career problems and decision-making
- some testing, to help you find suitable career options
- information about careers and training providers
- careers library of books and videos
- on-line information and career tools
- work experience placements
- courses to help you make decisions
- career planning courses
- notice boards and newsletters
- assistance with CV preparation
- interview preparation
- assistance with job applications
- career education classes in years 10,11 and 12
You can expect:
- short and regular appointments as necessary
- tasks to complete in order to help you solve your career problem
- reliable and up to date information and advice on career matters
- challenges to make you think, and encourage you to take all the necessary steps in order to reach your potential
Students at Avonside can access the school moodle for information on STAR courses, Scholarships, Universities, Polytechnics, Employment, Career Education & Development, GAP-year opportunities, Gateway, and Work Experience.
Career Education Coordinator: Mrs Vicki Summerfield, Cell:0211265980
Like avonsidecareers on facebook to receive notifications about careers events and information at Avonside.