The Board of Trustees requires the Avonside students to be in full regulation uniform. We encourage girls to take a pride in their appearance and ask that parents support the school in seeing that their daughter maintains a neat, clean standard of dress. Only the stated uniform is permitted.
A new uniform is being phased in from the start of 2019.
The new uniform is compulsory for all Year 9 students in 2019. Students in Years 10 to 13 may choose to wear the new uniform. A mixture of both uniforms is not permitted. The school will transition from the old uniform to the new uniform gradually over four years. In 2023 all students will wear the new uniform.
Uniform items that may be worn will be available from our on-site uniform shop from Term 4
Uniform items that can only be purchased from our uniform shop:
Blazer - (Compulsory) Red blazer with green stripe and AGHS crest.
Junior Shirt (Y9-10) - White with green stripe (long or short sleeve) with AGHS branding.
Senior Shirt (Y11-13) - White with silver stripe (long or short sleeve) with AGHS branding
Senior Tie (Y11-12) - green tie with red stripe.
Senior Tie (Y13) - green tie with silver stripe.
Jersey - Red V-neck plain merino jersey.
Socks - Plain black mid-calf socks.
Scarf - AGHS scarf.
Jacket - Soft shell jacket with AGHS branding. (For outdoor wear.)
Cap – AGHS Cap
PE Top - AGHS PE top.
Skirt - Dark green skirt with AGHS branding, must be knee length.
Culottes - Dark green culottes with AGHS branding, must be knee length.
Trousers - Dark green trousers with AGHS branding, must be ankle length.
Uniform items that may be purchased from our uniform shop or another shop of your choice:
Shoes - Black polishable leather lace up school shoes or T bar school shoes.
Tights - Black opaque tights. No leggings.
Shorts - Plain black shorts or cycle pants with no obvious logo or decorative trim, suitable for sport.
Sports Shoes - Non marking soles are required.
- Students may wear any combination of new uniform items.
- Hair must be tidy. If worn long it must be tied back in practical subjects. Hair colour must be within the natural range. Extreme hairstyles are not acceptable.
- Jewelry is not permitted other than a wrist watch and plain ear studs.
- Facial piercing, including the tongue, is not permitted. Clear retainers may be worn.
- Taonga - a bone or greenstone carving may be worn.
- Makeup, if worn, should be minimal and discreet.
- Clear or natural coloured nail polish is permitted.
- A plain, solid colour black or dark green head scarf may be worn for religious or cultural reasons.
- The soft shell jacket, hat and cap may be worn outdoors with both the new and old uniform.