LEARNING AT AVONSIDE
Learning is empowering
It is based on positive relationships, deep learning and strong connections with our community.
Empowerment Te whakamana
- Learners and learning are the heart of everything we do.
- We are all learners, with growth mindsets, self-regulated and engaged.
- There are high expectations for every learner.
Connections and Community Te Tuhonohono
- Learning contributes to the life and culture of our community, at school and beyond.
- Connections include within our learning areas, across our school, with the community and with the wider world.
Relationships Te whanaungatanga
- Learning and teaching is collaborative.
- Learning is based on positive relationships: trust, credibility are key elements.
- Wellbeing is vital.
Deep learning Te reto o te ako
- We stretch and challenge all to learn.
- Formative assessment and data informs our practice and supports student success.
- A rich diversity of pedagogical practices are used in the school.