Health and Physical Education teacher
Secondary (Years 7–15) / wharekura, Certificated teacher
Health and physical education
Suitable for beginning teachers
We are seeking an enthusiastic physical education teacher who is keen to teach junior and senior physical education, including courses with outdoor education. The successful person would join a team of experienced teachers dedicated to giving students authentic learning experiences, community engagement and innovative curriculum.
This is a fixed term position for 20 hours per week, term time only, commencing 9 October 2023 until 13 December 2023 with the possibility of extending into 2024.
The position involves assisting and supporting vulnerable students with their behavioral and learning needs (learning difficulties and ESOL). The staff member will work in the classroom or separate accommodation, either individually or in small groups.
Applications close: 3pm on 29 September 2023.
Pasifika Engagement & Community Liaison
Are you passionate about fostering a sense of belonging and academic success for Pasifika students? Do you possess the cultural knowledge and interpersonal skills to connect Avonside Girls to our Pasifika students and community? This vital role will contribute to creating an inclusive and supportive environment for our Pasifika students and families. The role involves developing and implementing strategies to enhance educational experience and over-all wellbeing of Pasifika students. You will work collaboratively with school staff, parents, and community to promote cultural engagement, academic achievement, and wellbeing.
- Build strong relationships with Pasifika students, their families and the wider Pasifika community
- Provide guidance and support for Pasifika students, addressing their academic and social needs
- Be a member of the Pasifika Achievement Team and assist with events and performances
- Has a high level of cultural competency
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Has superior organisational skills
- Has a passion for working with young people
- Has experience in education, social work, youth work, community development or a related field is preferred
This is a non teaching role and is employed under the Support Staff in Schools Collective Agreement, renumeration will be determined based on the successful candidates experience and qualifications, and can be discussed further at interview. The job description will be tailored to align with the school’s priorities for the role and the successful candidates skill set. In return we can provide you with a fantastic school environment to work in, great colleagues and of course amazing students. Commencement would be by arrangement with the successful applicant.
Applications close on: Friday, 15 September 2023 at 3pm.