The Board of Trustees requires the Avonside students to be in full regulation uniform. We encourage girls to take a pride in their appearance and ask that parents support the school in seeing that their daughter maintains a neat, clean standard of dress. Only the stated uniform is permitted.
- Postie Eastgate Shopping, Phone 389 9680
- Mainland Uniforms, 511 Wairakei Road, Phone 360 3037
- Bambi Drapery, 693 Gloucester Street, Phone 389 9583
Uniforms can be made to order through Bambi Drapery.
- Dress: green check in regulation pattern and material
- Jersey: school red, v-necked or Cardigan: school red cardigan or Vest: school red vest
- Socks: white, knee-length or ankle
- Shoes: brown leather shoes either brown lace-up or T-bar or brown Roman sandals without socks.
- Hats: students are permitted to wear a sun hat in the grounds during breaks.
Winter Uniform Kilt:
- Hunting McKinnon tartan, the hem is to be at least 20cm above the ground
- Blouse: white, long-sleeved, polycotton or brushed cotton, with pointed collar either fitted or non-fitted
- Tie: junior - dark green senior - red and green stripe (available from stockists and the school office)
- Jersey: school red v-necked or
- Cardigan: school red cardigan or
- Vest: school red vest Tights: brown or dark green or
- Socks: white/fawn knee length
- Scarf: green/brown or green/red stripes, or plain dark green, or plain dark red
- Blazer: dark green Jacket: dark green polar fleece jacket It is compulsory to have either a Blazer or Jacket as above
- Raincoats: Red Rainbird Page Jacket available from Mainland Uniforms and Bambi Drapery.
Physical Education - Compulsory for Year 9
- Regulation black and green dry fit Physical Education shirt with Avonside Girls’ High School logo, available from Mainland Uniforms and Bambi Drapery
- Regulation black dry fit sports shorts available from Mainland Uniforms and Bambi Drapery
- Sports shoes
- Optional – plain black track pants