The Board of Trustees requires Avonside students to be in full regulation uniform. We encourage girls to take a pride in their appearance and ask that parents support the school in seeing that their daughter maintains a neat, clean standard of dress. Only the stated uniform is permitted. Students may wear any combination of the items below. All items need to be purchased from the Uniform Group to ensure they are correct school uniform – substitutions are not acceptable.
You can find the 2019 Uniform Handout here.
Blazer AGHS Red blazer
Blouse Junior stripe (Y9-10) – short sleeve or long sleeve
Senior stripe (Y11-13) – short sleeve or long sleeve
Skirt/Culotte/Trousers Bottle Green – skirts and culottes to be worn knee length
PE Shirt Green with crest (compulsory Y9-11)
PE Shorts Black (compulsory Y9-11)
Socks Black with red stripe
Jersey Red with crest
Y11/12 Tie AGHS Green and red stripe
Y13 Tie Green with red and silver
Cap AGHS Black with crest
Scarf AGHS Bottle stripe
Tights Opaque Black
Jacket AGHS Black softshell with crest (no other jackets are acceptable)
Black polishable leather lace up school shoes or T Bar school shoes. Shoes must be all black with no labels or other colours on them.
- Students may wear any combination of new uniform items.
- Hair must be tidy. If worn long it must be tied back in practical subjects. Hair colour must be within the natural range. Extreme hairstyles are not acceptable.
- Jewellery is not permitted other than a wrist watch and plain ear studs.
- Facial piercing, including the tongue, is not permitted. Only clear piercing retainers may be worn.
- Taonga - a bone or greenstone carving may be worn.
- Makeup, if worn, should be minimal and discreet.
- Clear or natural coloured nail polish is permitted.
- A plain, solid colour black or dark green head scarf may be worn for religious or cultural reasons.
- The soft shell jacket, hat and cap may be worn outdoors with both the new and old uniform.
Note: Years 10 -13 students may choose to wear the 2018 school uniform or purchase the new uniform. However, they cannot mix and match uniforms.
Please see their website for opening hours/details http://ushop.uniformgroup.co.nz/
The shop is located at: Unit 3, 403 Worcester Street